History of College

MEDICAL COLLEGE



The Medical College - Plovdiv is a main unit in the structure of the Medical University - Plovdiv. It has been awarded the Cyril and Methodius medal and the honour sign of Plovdiv Municipiality; it is a member of the European Nursing Module /ENM/, of the European Federation of Nurse Educators /FINE/ and also a collective member of the Union of Scientists in Bulgaria - Plovdiv.
The Medical College nowadays is the successor to the second Bulgarian School for Nurses /1942/ and to the Medical School for midwives /1945/.  The present educational and residental complex was opened in 1972 and situated on 43 000 sq.m. The building in wich teaching is provided houses 6 auditoriums, 19 teaching and seminar rooms, 42 rooms and laboratiries with modern equipment, an indoor fitness hall and open-air playground, a coference hall, and a library. The complex also included a student,s hostel, a canteen, and a bookshop.
The facilities and the teaching staff of the college have the capacity of training annually more than 1100 students.
The Medical College in Plovdiv providies training in compliciace with the Regulations on the Unified State Requirements for completing higher education in the specialities from the field og Health Care for obtaining the educational and qualification degree of Professional Bachelor.
Admission is after completed secondary education, the duration of training for all specialities is 3 years, equivalent t0 6 semesters, the last of which is a pre-graduation practice.